- 12 tbsp butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10oz guava paste
- Preheat oven at 350F. Cream butter.
- Add sugar little by little
- Add eggs one by one, followed by the vanilla. Sieve flour and baking powder and mix with the above
- Pour half the batter on a greased mold.
- Place the guava paste (cut in slices) so as to cover all the batter (Guava paste can be found at most supermarkets in the Cayman Islands)
- Pour the rest of the batter and bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.