Quick and easy to make, but oh so good! The creamy, punchy flavor of blue cheese pairs perfectly with a juicy steak, while the salad helps to boost your five-a-day.
Courtesy of Certified Angus Beef.
- 3, 12-ounce New York strip steaks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 5 ounces spring mix lettuce greens
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed and blanched
- ½ pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Coarse kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
In a small mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, honey and pepper. While whisking, slowly add oil to create a vinaigrette. Add a pinch of salt or more to taste; set aside.
Preheat grill. Season steaks with salt and pepper and grill to desired doneness. Allow steaks to rest for 5 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
In a large bowl, combine lettuce greens, green beans, and tomatoes. Lightly dress and gently toss salad. Serve with warm steak strips and garnish with blue cheese.