- 2 lb fish fillets about ¾ to 1 inch thick (mahi mahi, snapper or grouper)
- Juice of four limes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green or red bell peppers
- 1 cup Julienne carrots
- 2 thinly sliced Scotch bonnet peppers
- 1 cup seasoned flour (salt and black pepper)
- 1 cup pure local coconut oil
Marinate fillets in lime juice and water with salt and pepper for about 15 minutes.
Pat the fillets dry. Dip fish in seasoned flour.
Heat coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over a caboose or a BBQ grill. Add the fish and sauté, turning once until just cooked through. Only cook for one to two minutes on each side, as overcooking can lead to the fish becoming dry.
Remove fish from pan, leaving the juices from the fish, adding a little more oil as needed.
Sauté the onion and bell pepper, Scotch bonnet peppers and carrots until soft. Add to fish and serve.