- 12 ounces wahoo, sliced thinly
- 1 orange, segmented and juiced
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 1/4 jicama (Mexican yam), cut bite-sized
- Juice from a lemon or lime
- 1/2 red pepper, julienned
- 4 ounces white wine vinegar
- 2 ounces sugar
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1 Scotch bonnet, chopped small
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
Mix the vinegar, sugar, thyme and Scotch bonnet together in a bowl. Pour the mixture over the yellow onion and jicama and let sit overnight.
The following day, mix the orange, lemon and lime juice, pickled onions, jicama, green onion, and red pepper together in a bowl.
Next, add the wahoo to the mixture. Taste, and adjust the seasoning if required.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.