Recipe courtesy of Ristorante Ragazzi.
- 8 ounces penne pasta, preferably homemade
- 1 box grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ½ carrot, diced
- ½ green zucchini, de-seeded and diced
- ½ yellow squash, de-seeded and diced
- ¼ eggplant, skin removed, diced
- 4 basil leaves, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Take a large saucepan and place on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then add the onion and carrots and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Next, add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds, then add the rest of the vegetables. Cook for about a further 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of water to the boil (you will need about 1 liter for every 100 grams of pasta) and add a pinch of salt. Once the water reaches a rolling boil add the pasta and cook until it is al dente.
Drain the pasta and add to the vegetable mixture. Toss the pasta and then serve immediately. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and some freshly chopped basil.