Courtesy of Valerie Balignasay, The Westin Grand Cayman
- 1 ounce mezcal reposado (Ilegal Mezcal)
- ½ ounce coffee liqueur (Kahlua)
- ¾ ounce orange-flavoured liqueur (Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge)
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker, add some ice and shake well. Strain into the coupe glass and finish with the salted caramel foam on top (see below.
Salted Caramel Foam
- 16 ounces egg whites
- 10 ounces salted caramel sauce
- 8 ounces fresh orange juice
- 2 nitrous oxide chargers (N20 results in a better foam texture than CO2)
- 1 liter whipped cream canister
Add the orange juice and caramel sauce to a glass and stir
well to combine. Pour the mixture into the whipping canister along
with the egg whites. Close the canister tightly and shake briefly to
incorporate the ingredients.
Charge with a N2O charger and shake well. Remove the charger
and repeat with a second charger.